Psychological Freedom

Today, I genuinely and finally understand an important life lesson.

A friend told me her story about her friendship with someone. I finally understood that if she extended her hand to him, yet he did not reach out to take it, it is not her problem.  That means, no need to beat herself up for it.

There are many reasons why one person reaches out, but the other shrinks away. We may never know the reason, why is fine. It is not our problem. We don't need to know why.

I am not 100% certain whether the door that I will be knocking on will open or not. I was afraid that I would be disappointed. Then I would be extremely upset. But I finally realize that it is a good thing if the door doesn't open.

I will only attract those who love me. Those who don't will eventually fade away. If the door does not open, it means he doesn't love me. That will liberate me from standing stubbornly at that door. I can then shift my attention toward another door. The idea of shopping for another door is so exciting! Life is full of surprises! Why stay stuck at a closed door?

We don't need any specific door. Needing a specific door is like needing an iPhone with a specific serial number. We don't need to be that specific. Just any iPhone will work.  We are not chasing for a serial number.  We are merely chasing for a particular feeling.  All iPhones give us the same feeling.

I have genuinely reached the psychological freedom where I don't see it as a disappointment if the door I knock at, doesn't open. Psychologically freeing myself from any negative emotions, as I can already feel the joy and excitement of walking away from it, liberated. The joy and excitement coming from the knowledge that there will be many more doors waiting for me to explore!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introversion and Extroversion

The Reasons I Write

Free-Style