Unconditional Love

Last weekend I attended an afternoon workshop on unconditional love.  There are concepts that I already know, and some that are new to me.  The love that we speak of is very different from the love that most people know it to be.

The hostess and co-host are in a romantic relationship.  The co-host is quite an evolved person.  At the beginning of their relationship, he said to her, "I love you very much, and I don't care if I don't ever see you again."

It left her pondering on this for a couple weeks.  He said it deliberately to get her to think about it.

~~~

I told them the reason I attended the workshop was to be enlightened.  The co-host said one thing to me.  I don't know why he would say that to me.  I didn't fully register it at the time, and didn't see a correlation between that and unconditional love.

Today, I was a bit upset.  Then I went through my emotions the way I normally do, by thinking that only good things will happen to me.

Immediately I was moved into a position of complete acceptance.  When we fully allow the emotions to arise in us, observe them, and let them go, that is the gentlest and quickest way to deal with raw emotions.

Now I fully understand what the co-host said to me.  Sometimes, merely understanding something intellectually is not enough.  We need to understand it experientially.  Learn by feeling, not by knowing.

~~~

At the workshop, I met someone who was on an emotional roller coaster for over a year.  I got him off the roller coaster within an hour.  I told him that if he were to climb on the roller coaster again, he could talk to me.  He had not talked to me since.

The reason it took him so long to get off, was that he was in a state of resistance/non-acceptance/rejection.

I am glad I met him.  He was a valuable lesson for my soul evolution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introversion and Extroversion

The Reasons I Write

Free-Style