my experience with dreams

In February, a Reiki practitioner gave me the following advice: 

"I think lucid dreaming can provide another stream of information, however, I do feel that one needs to be very grounded and centered when embarking on that path because we are more spiritually open in that process. The fact that you were able to achieve lucid dreaming is wonderful as not everyone who tries can do it easily. Maybe you will be inspired to try again in future being better equipped? Keep the option open for yourself."

I consciously stopped lucid dreaming, because my conscious (ego) self was arguing with my dream self as I tried to control my dream, which was highly disruptive to a good night's sleep.

My Swiss penpal was very keen on inducing prophetic dreams.  Personally, I had no interest.  Yet, I do get them, quite regularly that now I don't pay too much attention to it.  It is not that I don't value them, but I can't fall back to sleep if I think too much about them.  I get my dream interpretation as soon two or three dreams end.  So I switch from right brain to left brain a few times in one night, which is also disruptive to sleep.

I did not keep track of all my prophetic dreams, but so far they all came true.  Some tell of the near future, and some of distant future.  The furthest I got, was a rather comical preview of myself, after this lifetime.  

My experience is that you don't have to be in a dream to access your subconscious.  I induce a stream of imageries, much like a dream, when I am fully conscious, but relaxed.  The images will stream, and then, like in dreams, it will switch to a different channel (different set of images).  Sometimes when I want to see how a particular channel pans out, I will intently switch back to that channel and let that set of images continue to stream.  That is a benefit of being conscious and awake, in that you can lock your awareness in a particular stream of images, and insist that it pan out fully.  But  locking your awareness to a particular "channel" requires unstrained concentration.  You have to focus, but you cannot strain yourself, otherwise you prevent the images from appearing.

This is different from imagination where you willfully create an image.  Here, I don't get to choose the images that come to me.  Although I can pause it, resume it, zoom in, ask for a cross-section view or top-view, or whatever.

Gabriel is my primary interpreter, for dreams, and for other imageries.  For imageries received when I am awake, I ask for simultaneous interpretation.  "What is this?"  "What does it mean?"  "Why is it here?"  "What's the theme of this set of images?"  "Is there any significance to the colors?"  So I get the narration to augment the images.

Images are symbols.  There are universal symbols, and individual symbols.  I have both.  So dreams are best interpreted intuitively, not intellectually.

Many months ago, I watched an interview about a man who gets images while he was meditating or dreaming (don't remember which), and he asked about the images while he was getting them.  There was a voice to answer him, in his dream or meditation.  At that time I thought it was amazing that there would be a voice to answer his questions.  Now I realize, for anything that I don't know or understand, just ask.  If I still don't understand, ask for clarification.  If I am not sure if I hear it correctly, then ask for clearer/sharper hearing.  The bottom line is, just ask!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money is Energy

Introversion and Extroversion

Energy / Prana / Qi