My nephew

I was surprised that my nephew loved Jia Jia so much. He likes Street Fighter 4, so I thought he would be a very rough boy, but he told me he wanted to sleep with Jia Jia. @_@

I learned a lot from being with (and watching) the kids.

I understand why parents need to discipline their kids. It is an expression of love, because it is ultimately for their own good. However, at the same time, it is also taking away their freedom of expression. Earth is a free will zone. That's why God does not interfere with our lives even when they go awry, unless we ask Him to.

We do care about our kids and we want the best for them. But if we are overly protective (restrictive) of them, we don't allow them enough experience. I tend not to interfere with them, but I will watch over them very closely, in case something goes wrong.

I simply watch. I don't judge. I don't discipline. There is a difference between parenting and understanding. What they need is our love and understanding, not parenting.

I am very liberal. I honor freedom of expression. I noticed that the kids did not have full freedom to be who they want to be nor say what they want to say. Yet, they are screaming inside to be allowed to express themselves.

Kids and pets are a good reflection of who we are, especially our subconscious and our psyche. If you see something that you don't like in your kids, it mostly is highlighting a weakness that you have within you. The root of the problem in our outer landscape typically lies within our inner landscape.

My niece and nephew really crave for our attention. Attention is energy; same as love. They want attention, because they want our energy. If they really don't like my energy, they will not even come close to me. So all I do is sit next to them and watch them play. I don't really talk. But they are happy with that.

My parents told me that the kids were such rascals, but when I met them, I thought they were such sweet angels. If you come from a position of light and love, you will sense only light and love in everything and everyone. That's because you will only experience the same level/frequency that you project.

However, I can understand why my parents and their parents were so frustrated, because they misbehave, eg. swearing and hitting each other and almost throwing wooden furniture at each other and such. But I still thought they were sweet, because even when they misbehaved, they didn't do it out of hatred, but out of frustration, specifically at their parents. I noticed that they could be rude too. They were rude because they were straightforward (not yet learning the proper social etiquette), not because they intent to offend.

Parents have the misperception that they own their kids. In fact, they don't. There is a difference between ownership and guardianship. We don't own our kids; we merely take care of them. The only thing that we truly own in this world is our physical body. So honor your kids. Let them be who they want to be, instead of who you want them to be.

The only time that the kids cause me headache is when they want to stay with me so much that they would not leave me alone. I don't know how to say no, even to kids, I am very agreeable and compromising. I cannot control/discipline them. I have to ask their parents to "take over" their kids.

Playing with kids is totally different from taking care of the kids. The fact that we like kids is not a valid justification for having kids. The fact that we want a legacy is even a baser justification for having kids. You need to be fairly emotionally evolved in order to take good care of your kids. Being emotionally evolved means being able to recognize that all emotions come from love, to sense the different shades and intensities of love, and to project only the purest form of love.

I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to mingle with the two kids. They make me understand and appreciate the effort, the frustration, the dedication, and the care that Michelangelo and Gabriel have been showing me. These are all expressions of love. The universe is filled with love. To not be able to feel the love around us is like a fish not being able to sense water around him. I am swimming in a sea of love. Are you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money is Energy

Introversion and Extroversion

Energy / Prana / Qi