My niece

My niece is seven. Two things she said that surprised me:

1) "I feel bad for cooking animals."

2) "I wish bread could heal people."

- - -

1)

She used to eat mainly carbohydrates, some vegetables, and no meat. Her favorite dish was 斋肠粉. I was a vegetarian for a few years, yet I didn't know that 斋肠粉 actually existed.

I don't know if all children project a purer form of love or not, but she does, since she has shown compassion for the animals.

2)

Her mom said "What?" She said, "I wish bread could give people energy." Her mom thought it was another senseless talk from her, and dismissed her. But my interpretation is

I wish bread could be a multi-purpose energy source that would contain all the healing energy that people would need to restore and maintain the health of all levels of their being.

Her two words that surprised me are "heal" and "energy". Heal is different from cure. Energy is not a concept typically found in the mainstream medical system. Energy healing is an alternative healing modality. For a child to have that awareness is a bit unusual.



- - -

Most adults see kids as inferiors, but I see them as equals. I see animals and plants as equals. I see my two students as my equals, even though they are younger and less experienced than me. Age doesn't mean much.

Everyone and everything can be our teacher, if we so choose. It is much easier to gain their trust and respect for us, if we see them as equals. My niece and nephew are my equals. No discrimination; no judgment.



My awareness is expanding everyday, as I experience different things and different beings. Individual expansion of awareness is necessary, as it precedes societal expansion of awareness. As society grows, humanity evolves. As we expand beyond the personal level of consciousness, we leap into the spiritual level. Spirituality is part of nature. Our awareness/cognizance of spirituality is the equivalent of thinking that a finger is the totality of a whole body. We cannot see spirituality as it truly is, because our frame of reference is too limited for us to comprehend its totality. As we expand beyond the personal level, duality fades away. We begin to see oneness. War and discrimination are a result of seeing ourselves as separate. But we are not. We are all connected. The separation is meant to experience how life would be as we deviate from nature. That diversion from nature itself is also meant to be a learning experience. This is why we say that the entire universe is forever expanding.



So cherish the time that you have with your kids. They are meant to expand your awareness, to make you into a better/bigger person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money is Energy

Introversion and Extroversion

Energy / Prana / Qi