Spiritual Enlightenment

The channeler said to be spiritually enlightened, I would have to experience life fully.  She gave me several examples.

To understand and practice forgiveness, we must first be harmed.  That experience of being harmed will be our lesson on forgiveness.

To appreciate what we have, we must experience loss.  For example, a person without a leg one day gains a prosthetic leg would be ecstatic.  His sense of appreciation for the leg would be exponentially larger than ours.  Most people would not choose to live life so "fully", but we could, if we wish to experience the excitement to its fullest potential.

Intellectually I understand how life experience can enlighten us, but intuitively, her logic does not resonate with me at all.  I have been sitting on this logic for a while.  Michaelangelo (the nickname that Archangel Michael wanted me to call him by) said to practice discernment.  Here is my discernment:

To experience is to feel.  To enlighten is to know.  

There are many different ways to learn and grow.  I don't need to feel everything to know it.

I understand that she meant to feel the excitement in life, but excitement does not equate enlightenment.  Excitement corresponds to the emotions, and enlightenment corresponds to the thoughts.  They can be related, but they are not synonymous.

Perhaps my understanding of "spiritual enlightenment" is wrong, but I don't think she had made it any clearer for me.  Please enlighten me if you could.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money is Energy

Introversion and Extroversion

Energy / Prana / Qi