token of gratitude

My two students wanted to thank me by either buying me gift or dinner.  I was thankful for their thought.  I was not keen on the gift or dinner, as it was never what I wanted out of them.  But I understood their need to express their gratitude, and allowed them.

In my mind, what I truly wanted from them then and now is to be the best that they could be in their professional life, and to build a good future.  Of course this would be too much to ask them, and I did not want to give them extra pressure, so I never told them exactly that.

Even though they fell a bit short of my expectation, I appreciated that it was already very hard for them to perform at the level that they did.  I wished that there would be more that I could do.  I regretted that I did not try hard enough as a mentor.  I regretted that the mentorship period was not long enough.  I offer to be their resource, should they need me.

They helped me see things from fresh perspectives, and helped me grow.  I am forever thankful to them, for coming into my life.

---

My herbalist has been healing me for months.  I feel that the longer he heals me, the sooner he will go bankrupt.  Touch wood!  He gives me a lot of herbal wine, mostly free of charge, because my body needs it.  He says, "It doesn't matter how expensive it is, all I want is that you get better."  My angels once told me, he really cared about me.  At that time I didn't think much about it, but now that I have heightened my emotional awareness, I can definitely sense it.

He also educates me, on many things, for free of course.  Unfortunately my absorption rate is low.  He says, "Whatever you don't understand, just ask me."

I am aware that my case is a bit of a disappointment for him, as my progress as not been smooth.  Yet, he tries his best to heal me.

I have seen quite a few medical professionals and so-called healers.  He is the only who truly loves humanity.  Even the healer who healed me emotionally and taught me love does not show me as much love as he does.

---

Gabriel likes to play with me.  Of course he also protects me, educates me, heals me, guides me, etc.  I asked him what I could get for him to express my gratitude.  He insisted no need while I persistently asked.  Then one day, I remembered my relationship with my students, and I understood what Gabriel truly wanted from me.

The best token of gratitude that I could give him was what he wanted most from me:  to be the best that I could be, to realize my highest potential.  When I first became cognizant of that, he cried.  I am sorry that I have fell short of your expectation, but thank you for showing me grace.  Thank you for all that you have invested in me.

I am also thankful to have the mentorship experience to understand Gabriel.

---

I used to be a member of a language exchange platform.  I was only interested in offering help to English learners.  I was not too concern about learning a new language.

Someone whom I had helped had wanted to extend his gratitude to me.  I thought, "hmm ... what a strange concept."   I don't think in terms of I give therefore I take, although that is how our economic system trains us to think.

The universe has its own checks and balances.  We will never be short-changed; we will never be over-paid.

If someone really wants to thank me with something, this is what I prefer:  donate to a charity of your choice, it doesn't have to be in my name.

---

To those who love you, the best token of gratitude is to reach your highest potential.  They love you, they want only the best of you: self-realization and self-love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money is Energy

Introversion and Extroversion

Energy / Prana / Qi