Our Beliefs Give Us Strength

A crumbling belief can be a very scary thing.  Imagine

- the guy you have been dating for the last three years is geting married tomorrow, and you are not the bride;
- the friend you share everything with has been scheming to scam you;
- the religion that you have been faithfully following is actually a suicide cult; or
- the company that you have been working for, which you think is a charitable organization, is just a front to launder illegal funds.

Our happiness is tied to our beliefs.

At one point in my life, I spent three or four weeks learning to construct and deconstruct belief systems.  Construct, deconstruct, construct, deconstruct.

Every time when my belief collapsed, I rebuilt it.  When it didn't serve me anymore, or I had to change my experiences, then I deconstructed it.

I had two conflicting belief systems.  It was like a computer with dual operating systems.  I switched between the belief systems, because I had to.

Whenever my belief collapsed, it felt like my world was falling apart.  It is extremely cruel to crash someone's belief system!

When my friends sound diffident, I feel sad.  I tell them to believe, to be confident, to trust.  Do not let your world fall apart.  If your belief system has to expire, build a replacement immediately!

Construct your world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money is Energy

Introversion and Extroversion

Energy / Prana / Qi