9:53am

I woke up and checked the time. 9:53am. Breakfast finished at 10am!

I read that in some hotels, the staff promptly remove the breakfast at the end of the serving time, even when the guests are still eating. I envisioned my food being taken away from me while I was still chewing.

I quickly sprung out of bed, and washed up.

In the dining room, the Fayed family, owner of the establishment, was having their breakfast while watching tv. I sat at the next table.

I watched the tv too, along with them, even though it was in Arabic. There was one scene that was quite hilarious, and I laughed out loud. The Fayed family turned and looked at me, and laughed at me instead of the tv.

Although we didn't talk, I felt that I was part of their family. I enjoyed sharing the same space with them, and I enjoyed my time with them.  I found a sense of comfort and peace in their company.  I miss them and wish to see them again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money is Energy

Energy / Prana / Qi

Introversion and Extroversion