my Jia Jia brain

A Hong Kong actor inspired me to write this post.

He confessed that he did not know how to take care of basic things in his life. He would defer things like re-filling his Octopus card (a smart card for electronic payments) to his assistant or his mother. He said, if he had no assistant or anyone else to rely on, he would immediately ceased to function. I know how that feels like. It is not an exaggeration. Because I am actually quite like him.

I used to not know how to withdraw cash from an ATM. Now, I could withdraw foreign currency from ATM abroad. To me, this is a tremendous growth.

I had to fly half way across the planet, to have my Egyptian friend show me that my phone had a SIM card. My brain is not designed to take care of a phone. He even suggested that I should unlock my phone and install GPS app next time I travel. I thought, @_@!

On my round-the-world trip, I cried in Dubai. I was so moved at myself for being able to go around the world, alone. I am a simple person, who eats simple food, carries a silly panda, and has a simplistic view on life. Though I have no fear of the world, I am unable to take care of myself. Throwing myself out there, and returning in one piece, is not a simple task in my mind.

There are still many things in my daily life where my Jia Jia brain is switched on. Jia Jia brain is not designed to deal with the banality of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money is Energy

Introversion and Extroversion

Energy / Prana / Qi