Plan or No Plan?

At one point in my life, I was an excessive planner. My itinerary would be planned by the hour. Now, my travel plan is 'no plan' or 'cannot plan'.

The main catalyst of my transition was frustration. Roughly 90% of my plans failed.

As I become less reliant of plans, I grow more reliant on intuition.

While researching on the methods of transportation within Egypt (felucca, cruise, air, convoy transfer, coach, etc.), none of the options sat well with me. In a moment of insanity, I clicked on the option to fly from Egypt to Cyprus. The option made my heart sing, very loudly. The abrupt shift in feelings was an unmistakably clear sign of my intuition.

Some signs are subtle, others are bold.

Upon picking up my rental car in Cyprus, I was informed that they ran out of GPS devices. My left-brain said, it's not a good idea to drive on the other side of the road in a foreign land with no navigational assistance. My right-brain said, it's okay. I carefully probed my right-brain again, "No danger?" My right-brain calmly said, it's okay.

Not only was it okay, it was actually much more fun to follow my internal GPS: intuition.

Over the next three days, my need to control gradually diminished. On the first day, when I planned to go somewhere, I ended up going to my dreamland. On the third day, when I decided to do absolutely nothing, I ended up having the most fun. Irony of life: when you carry an umbrella, it doesn't rain; when you don't carry an umbrella, it rains cats and dogs. As an insurance, carry an umbrella at all times!

My intuition is constantly pointing me toward the path that leads to my greatest joy. At times, we need to capitalize on both our left-brain intellect and right-brain intuition. We each have our own life journey, and our own GPS. When you are lost, quiet your mind, and follow your heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money is Energy

Introversion and Extroversion

Energy / Prana / Qi