The characters in our stories

After my Dutch colleague told me his story with the ex-convict, who had invited him to lunch after the ride, I realized, not everyone had to stay in our lives, to make it interesting. Some are meant to fill a small role in a short disjointed story in our lives.

I have many of those stories. The characters are no longer in my life yet I remember them just the same.

The guy in Montreal who had nothing better to do, carried my luggage for me, from the hostel where we met, to the bus station, which was about a 20-minute walk.

The Chinese couple who picked me up from my hotel, and took me to Bethlehem with them, because I did not want to spend the day alone in Jerusalem.

The Chinese tourist who invited me to wine and dine with him, in Zurich, and walked me to the train station the next day.

We may wonder what happen to them after our stories.  I think it is safe to say that they have moved on to add little memories to other people's lives.  We all do.  ^_^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money is Energy

Introversion and Extroversion

Energy / Prana / Qi