The Taste of Brighton

In Brighton, I warmed myself up with a cup of tea on a dreary spring morning. The taste was absolutely perfect.

After returning to Canada, I craved strongly for that same flavor in Brighton. I started looking forward to making tea in the morning. I used to add a lot of cream, but now I scale it down, to let myself focus on the tea.

I was not able to chase back the flavor of Brighton, so I continued my chase every morning, like a donkey chasing for the carrot overhanging the front of him.
Then one day, my tongue surprised me.  I finally understood what my Pakistani colleague said. He said that Bigelow English Breakfast had a sweet flavor at the end. For the longest time, I could not discern the sweetness, no matter how hard I tried. Now, I can taste it clearly, as I learn to shift my mindset to tea-tasting.

We could be talking to the same person every day, without seeing the true essence of the person. As I try to chase the flavor of Brighton, I come to appreciate the true essence of my tea in Canada.

Enjoy your present!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money is Energy

Energy / Prana / Qi

Introversion and Extroversion